Charlestown, IN is a city with a wealth of fun-filled activities, no matter what your age is. When planning your next day out with your elderly friends and relatives, don’t miss out on these standout choices! These things to do in Charlestown, IN are crowd favorites, and we’re sure they’ll be your personal favorites too!
We cannot stress enough the importance of the occasional nature getaway. Not to mention, the importance of getting in some exercise when you’ve reached your senior years. Nature is the perfect backdrop for outdoor activities that help you to work up a sweat: hiking, fishing, even just plain and simple walking, you name it. Amazing places to enjoy the outdoors include:
- Charlestown State Park: It boasts various fun trails to hike through. Don’t forget to visit the highlight that is Rose Island!
- Nine Penny Branch State Nature Preserve: The trail lends itself to an easy, short hike, and you’ll love dipping your feet in the creek after a good bit of exercise.
Grip It And Rip It at the Golf Range
Golf is a wonderful social activity that keeps everyone in your group of elders happy and healthy. The health benefits of golf for the elderly are unexpectedly great for a leisurely activity. Thankfully, Charlestown boasts a great variety of golf ranges that’ll leave you and your loved ones coming back again for another round. Any one of these ranges would make for a total blast!
- Covered Bridge Golf Club: A beautiful 18-hole golf course that is playable for all skill levels of players.
- Golfer’s Paradise Driving Range: Exceptional customer service thanks to their team of staff (including some PGA pros!). Also features a shop selling affordable equipment.
- Elk Run Golf Club: Not new to golf? Your golf-loving friends and family members would love this challenge of a course!
Pursue the Arts
For those with an artistic side, Charlestown is teeming with cultural experiences. These Charlestown treasures will surely leave you as part of a captive audience.
- The Point Gallery and Framing: Experienced staff members are here to help you meet all of your art and framing needs.
- Carnegie Center for Art and History: An interesting non-profit museum and gallery, free to the public.
- Regal New Albany: Perfect for any movie buffs that want to enjoy a film in comfort.
Savor Culinary Delights
There’s nobody who doesn’t enjoy a good plate of food! To truly make the most out of your time in Charlestown, you must enjoy the international flavors offered by the variety of food establishments that residents and guests love:
- China Garden Buffet: Craving Asian food? China Garden Buffet is full of delicious Asian favorites, making it worth the visit!
- Charlestown Pizza Company: The food and atmosphere are a level above the typical pizza chains, making it a well-loved pizza joint by the community.
- Copper Kettle: Comforting homestyle cooking at an affordable price, what’s not to love?
You Deserve a Fun-Filled Community!
Does living near your loved ones sound like a great way to spend your retirement days? Learn more about our senior living options and make every day a fun-filled day to remember at Rittenhouse Village At Portage.