Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. The rare distinction is one that’s shared by just 8 memory care provider organizations in the US.
SHINE® is a uniquely personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues. In our memory care neighborhoods, you’ll find experienced team members who provide comprehensive, compassionate care.
Our Memory Care Program
At Rittenhouse Village, we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our memory care community, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in person-centered memory care, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes:
- Communication – A superior communication protocol closely links care providers, residents and families
- Team Member Training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, making them uniquely qualified to administer exceptional care
- My Story – A handcrafted My Story book is used every day as a component of the care plan, and helps engage residents by celebrating their life and individuality
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness and participation
- Life Enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences and quiet, relaxed moments
- Neighborhood Design – Created with safety and security, convenience and health and happiness in mind
The SHINE® Memory Care Program: An Exploration of Discovery
Discover Independence, Confidence and Self-Esteem by:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights by:
- Providing nutrient-dense meals to promote good overall health
- Encouraging active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serving meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating
- Providing “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities by:
- Providing purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gearing activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Providing activities that are non-competitive, failure-free and age appropriate
- Planning activities that match residents’ attention spans
Discover Friendships and Belonging by:
- Providing active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain maximum sense of control and independence
- Promoting personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family and friends
- Encouraging work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Providing play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
For more information on our SHINE® Memory Care program and to experience “A Day in the Life” of one of our residents, please contact a Senior Lifestyle Counselor. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal lifestyle needs.
Contact Rittenhouse Village Today
Reach out to the Rittenhouse Village team at to learn more. Our memory care program offers comfort to residents and peace of mind to their families.