Our native Allentown is Pennsylvania’s third-largest city and one of the anchors of the storied Lehigh Valley region. Nestled amidst rolling hills, the city and surrounding areas offer natural beauty, rich history and tradition, diverse dining and entertainment options, and more parkland per capita than any other US city of comparable size.
In fact, from covered bridges and breweries to sports, seasonal events, and festivals, all kinds of memorable experiences await both in and around Allentown. Like perusing the fresh foods and produce aisles at the Allentown Farmers Market, visiting the Mack Trucks Historical Museum, and cheering on the Lehigh Valley IronPigs, triple-A affiliates of Major League Baseball’s Philadelphia Phillies.
There’s also the city’s trademark Allentown ArtsFest, no less than 13 national historic sites, and hard-hitting action in the American Hockey League, whose Lehigh Valley Phantoms play home games at the PPL Center downtown. Plus, for adventurers and ghost hunters, Lehigh Valley is rife with “haunted” folklore, tours, and paranormal locations.
In all, eclectic dining, a fabulous arts, and music scene, rich history, and celebrations as unique and distinctive as this local area make Allentown and the Lehigh Valley an excellent place to go to make the most of retirement living.
Area Landmarks & Points of Interest Include:
Arts & Entertainment
- Crowded Kitchen Players (1.6 miles)
- Trexler Pavilion for Theater and Dance (3.0 miles)
- Civic Theatre of Allentown (3.9 miles)
- Miller Symphony Hall (4.7 miles)
- Allentown Art Museum (5.0 miles)
- Museum of Indian Culture (0.8 miles)
- Da Vinci Science Center (1.7 miles)
- Dorney Park & Wildwater Kingdom (2.3 miles)
- Trexler Memorial Park (2.5 miles)
- Allentown Fairgrounds (3.9 miles)
- Liberty Bell Museum (4.8 miles)
- Lehigh Valley Heritage Museum (5.0 miles)
- America on Wheels Museum (5.6 miles)
Shopping & Dining
- Wegmans (3.1 miles)
- Whole Foods Market (3.3 miles)
- Downtown Allentown Market (4.9 miles)
- Allentown Brew Works (5.0 miles)
- Lehigh Valley Mall (6.9 miles)
- Whitehall Mall (7.2 miles)
- Lehigh Valley Hospital – Cedar Crest (0.8 miles)
- Lehigh Valley Hospital – 17th Street (3.9 miles)
- St. Luke’s Hospital – Allentown Campus (4.2 miles)