At Rittenhouse Village At Michigan City, we understand the challenges people with memory-related conditions face. When your loved one enters our SHINE® Memory Care community, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all that they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants have extensive education and specialized training in person-centered memory care, and will help chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. The program is designed to rebuild and preserve what their affliction has taken from them.
What Is a Memory Care Community?
We are very proud to offer our SHINE® Memory Care program at Rittenhouse Village At Michigan City. The program’s curriculum has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. It’s a distinction shared by only 8 memory care providers in the nation. SHINE® is a uniquely personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues. In our SHINE® Memory Care community, you’ll find experienced team members who provide comprehensive and compassionate care.
The SHINE® Memory Care program focuses on:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
- Providing nutrient-dense meals to promote good overall health
- Encouraging active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serving meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day allowing residents to focus on eating
- Providing “Food on the Run” for residents who are no longer able to focus on mealtime or frequently wander
- Providing purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gearing activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Providing activities that are non-competitive, failure-free and age-appropriate
- Planning activities that match residents’ attention spans
- Providing active participation and support in personal care activities to maintain a maximum sense of control and independence
- Promoting personal care activities because they define how a person is personally perceived by their peers, family, and friends
- Encouraging work/productive activities to provide a sense of personal success and worth
- Providing play/leisure activity to promote friendships and pleasure
What Makes Our Memory Care Program Special
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program is built around an exploration of discovery. Discovering independence, confidence, self-esteem, dining, fun and engaging activities, and friendship and belonging. The program does this by emphasizing:
- Communication – A superior communication protocol closely links care providers, residents and families.
- Team Member Training – Each SHINE® team member receives extensive, specialized training and certification, making them uniquely qualified to administer exceptional care.
- My Story – A handcrafted My Story book is used every day as a component of the care plan, and helps engage residents by celebrating their life and individuality.
- Dining – Our dining experience uses subtle sciences to stimulate appetite, interaction, awareness and participation.
- Life Enhancement – Purpose-driven enrichment through group and one-on-one activities, sensory experiences, and quiet and relaxed moments.
- Neighborhood Design – Created with safety and security, convenience, health, and happiness in mind.
Contact Our Dedicated Team to Guide You in Your Decision
You have our word that your family members will be in the best hands, receiving the best care. Reach out to the Rittenhouse Village At Michigan City team and discover the difference our SHINE® Memory Care program can make.