With more than 200 years of rich history and tradition living on through architecture, countless landmarks and its Pennsylvania Dutch heritage, our native Reading makes up the heart and soul of Pennsylvania’s Americana Region.
Rich in everything from still-working railroads and centuries-old farms to parks, golf courses and recreational destinations, our local area is a treasure trove for explorers, adventurers, outdoor lovers and history buffs alike. But discover it for yourself and you’ll quickly see that Reading is also a place where new, modern stories are being written every day.
Once a center for industry and transportation, the city today is a mecca for outlet shopping, with Reading Station and many others offering their own brands of “retail therapy.” There’s also our signature “Tasting Trail,” with its distinctive wineries, craft breweries, and whiskey distilleries producing small-batch creations that rival the nation’s best and brightest.
Sports fans will love watching minor league baseball’s Reading Fightin Phils, as well as the Reading Royals of the East Coast Hockey League (ECHL). And perhaps most notably, there’s the many times each year when, as part of the many seasonal events and festivals that take place in our area, the old and new have a remarkable way of coming together. Whether its Berks Jazz Fest, WWII Weekend, or Reading’s renowned Liederkranz Oktoberfest, you’ll experience for yourself that regardless of age or personal interests, this area is a fabulous place to live and call home.
Area Landmarks & Points of Interest Include:
Arts & Entertainment
- Santander Performing Arts Center (3.3 miles)
- Genesius Theatre (3.4 miles)
- Santander Arena (3.6 miles)
- Miller Center for the Arts (4.0 miles)
- GoggleWorks Center for the Arts (4.0 miles)
- Hiester Lanes (1.4 miles)
- AMC Fairgrounds 10 (1.5 miles)
- Reading Outer Station (1.8 miles)
- Berks History Center (2.9 miles)
- The Pagoda (4.6 miles)
- Reading Public Museum (6.3 miles)
- Berks County Heritage Center (6.5 miles)
- Mid Atlantic Air Museum (7.5 miles)
Shopping & Dining
- Muhlenberg Shopping Plaza (1.4 miles)
- Fairgrounds Farmers Market (1.5 miles)
- GIANT Food Stores (2.1 miles)
- Berkshire Mall (5.6 miles)
- Winedown Café & Wine Bar (5.9 miles)
- Austin’s (7.3 miles)
- Penn State Health St. Joseph Medical Center (5.8 miles)
- Tower Health Reading Hospital (5.9 miles)