Rittenhouse Village Memory Care in Allentown
At Rittenhouse Village At Lehigh Valley we understand the challenges people with dementia face. When your loved one enters our memory care community, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses are Certified Nurse Assistants and Care Managers, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life.
Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Memory Care Program: An Exploration of Discovery Discover
Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem by:
- Celebrating each small success one at a time
- Encouraging active participation in all activities of daily living
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating mental activity, and helping to maintain social and religious contacts
Discover Dining Delights by:
- Providing nutrient-dense gourmet meals to promote overall good health
- Encouraging active participation in dining with assistance provided as needed
- Serving meals in a calm and quiet environment at the same time each day, allowing residents to focus on eating
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities by:
- Providing purpose-driven activities in small groups or on a one-to-one basis
- Gearing activities to residents’ present abilities and time of day
- Providing activities that are non-competitive, failure-free, and age appropriate
- Planning activities that match residents’ attention span
For more information on our Memory Care program and to experience “A Day in the Life” of one of our residents, please contact a Senior Lifestyle Counselor. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one's personal needs.