If you’re facing retirement in the near future, downsizing is likely something you’re thinking about. Some type of plan for retirement downsizing takes place for roughly 42% of Americans. What about the other 58%? Why aren’t they downsizing? Why hesitate?
Those planning to move to retirement communities in Woodlawn, PA, or in the general vicinity, will very likely need to make downsizing a priority. Most people have far too much “stuff” stashed in attics, basements, closets, spare rooms, etc. Rather than avoiding downsizing, try embracing it. There are many benefits to getting rid of clutter and simplifying your life.
Let’s explore those benefits here.
The benefits of downsizing, generally speaking, include the following:
- Reside in a better location – After downsizing, you can move to a better location (such as a retirement community) and enjoy a simpler way of life. You may want to move somewhere that has a more agreeable climate or an abundance of attractions to enjoy, for example.
- More time to enjoy yourself and fewer responsibilities – Now that you’re retired and have fewer household chores and duties, you’ll have lots of time to enjoy yourself, see the sights, and socialize with others.
- More cash flow – Large houses cost a lot of money whether it’s for utilities, repairs, general upkeep, etc. Once you move to a smaller residence, or into a retirement community, you may have more money to spend on things you’d like to do, rather than have to do.
Considering Retirement Community Living
After you’ve downsized sufficiently, it’s time to decide where to live your simpler, less cluttered life. A smart choice for many in their golden years is that of retirement community living. Not only are nutritious and delicious meals served three times a day in today’s retirement communities, the entire situation is healthier for your mind, body, and spirit. Here’s why:
- Conveniences – With complementary transportation, hair salons, concierge services, and other incredible amenities available in many of today’s retirement communities, everything you need is basically available in one location.
- Wellness – Health and wellness programs, exercise classes, yoga classes, swimming pools, and more are available in many of today’s retirement communities. Enrichment and educational programs help keep your mind and spirit active, as well.
- Fun – Now that you’ve got some time on your hands, it’s time to enjoy life to its fullest. Right outside your door, you’ll find a full calendar of activities and events to enjoy with others who have many things in common with you.
- Freedom – You’re no longer tied to a house and responsible for upkeep, chores, utility bills, etc. You can have trash removal, pest control, housekeeping, groundskeeping, maintenance, and more done for you by the professionals at a retirement community.
- Peace of mind – With a care team on site 24/7, there is always available support when you need it.
Consider Retiring In or Near Woodlawn, Pennsylvania
Woodlawn Pennsylvania – a.k.a. Aliquippa – is in Beaver County, Pennsylvania’s largest city. Roughly 18 miles northwest of Pittsburgh, it’s located on the Ohio River. At last count, the location was home to approximately 9240 people. Points of interest in this vicinity include the Hopewell Windmill, Old Economy Village, Pinball PA, The Tull Family Theater, and more.
Also in the Woodlawn vicinity, our retirement community offers many of the benefits described above. The location is incredible because you’re close to everything you need – both inside the community and out. Enjoy health and wellness programs, dances and other scheduled activities, nutritious and delicious meals served in a fine dining atmosphere, and more. Our private residences include suites, one bedroom/two-bathroom units, and one bed/one bath units.
If you’d like some information about our community, please call us at 610-443-9220 For sales and leasing inquiries, you can phone us at 484-212-6577. Better yet, schedule a tour to see for yourself what we have to offer.