SHINE® Memory Care is the exclusive memory care program at Rittenhouse Village At Northside. SHINE® represents a deeply personalized approach to memory care, making use of science-driven data to promote comprehension, quality of life and engagement for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other, memory-related conditions.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program curriculum was awarded a National Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the nation’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. It’s a distinction we proudly share with a small and elite group of U.S. memory care providers.
What Is a Memory Care Community?
Memory care programs are created to provide specialized care for seniors with dementia, Alzheimer’s, and other memory related issues. In our great community, residents receive round the clock care from nurses and other medical professionals. The team we have over here has many years of experience and is highly trained to care for individuals with dementia. Seniors tend to require higher levels of care as they age. This is a natural part of the process of growing older. At SHINE® Memory Care community, your loved one will be able to receive the care they need.
Discover Independence, Self-Esteem and Confidence
These can be learned as our SHINE® Memory Care program includes:
- Promoting physical exercise, striving to maintain social contacts and stimulating cognitive acuity
- Encouraging active participation in daily activities
- Focusing on strengths rather than limitations
- Regularly celebrating the small successes
Discover Delicious Dining
At our SHINE® Memory Care community, we also provide:
- Healthy meals that help to promote a healthy lifestyle
- A peaceful dining environment and service of food at the same time each day
- Active social participation in dining, with assistance as needed
- Our “Food on the Run” service for residents who like to wander
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
It is true that an active mind is a healthy mind. Therefore, Rittenhouse Village At Northside provides the following:
- Purpose-driven activities in both on a one-to-one basis and in small groups
- Games and activities that are non-competitive and age-appropriate
- Activities that are customized to each resident’s abilities
- Opportunities designed based on the resident’s likes and dislikes
Maybe the most important part of our memory care program is fostering a sense of belonging. The SHINE® program helps by including:
- Active support with activities that encourage a sense of self-reliance and independence
- Play and leisure activities that promote friendship and fun
- Productivity exercises and work activities that provide a sense of self-worth and personal success
What Makes Our Memory Care Program Special
Our SHINE® Memory Care program is based on an exploration of discovery. This means discovering independence, self-esteem, confidence, fun and engaging activities, dining, friendship and belonging. Our program does this by emphasizing:
- Open communication with our residents and their families
- Extensive training for our team members
- A dining experience that stimulates the appetite, improves interaction, participation skills and awareness
- A broad range of activities and quiet, relaxing moments
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each of our residents
- A safe, secure environment designed for your loved one’s health, convenience and happiness
Contact Our Dedicated Team Today
We promise that your loved ones are in good hands and they will receive the highest quality care over here. Feel free to contact the team at Rittenhouse Village At Northside to learn more about the difference our Memory Care program can make.
You may call us at 317-676-3032 to talk about what is best for you and your loved one regarding senior living memory care.