If you have a loved one who is experiencing some level of difficulty executing daily tasks, you may have discussed the possibility of them moving to an assisted living community. Truth be told, it’s a good move – for numerous reasons. If the decision has been made, and you’ve chosen a retirement community that you feel suits the needs of your loved one, you still have to consider what to bring to the new residence and what may need to be purchased.
You also have to work with your loved one on downsizing because most residences in assisted living communities are considerably smaller than the house in which your loved one spent his or her life. That said, however, the residences are, more times than not, both cozy and roomy at the same time.
Here, we’re going to take a look at an assisted living checklist that should be beneficial in helping you and your loved one get organized for the move.
Personal Items and Toiletries
- Assistance devices (walkers, canes, hearing aids, eyeglasses, etc.)
- Hand towels, washcloths, bath towels
- Items for personal hygiene
- Toothpaste and toothbrush
Technology and Entertainment
- Stamps, stationery, and office supplies
- Playing cards
- Reading material such as books and magazines
- Laptop computer or tablet
- Alarm clock
- A streaming device, DVDs, television, etc.
- For out-of-season clothes, bring storage containers as well as hangers for everything
- Slippers, socks, and shoes
- Robe and pajamas
- Formal wear
- Exercise clothing
- Outdoor coats and jackets
- Casual wear
Decorating And Miscellaneous
- For hallways, bedroom, bathroom, etc., several nightlights
- Reading lamp
- Keepsakes and mementos
- Artwork and framed photographs
- Blankets and throw pillows
- Artificial or live potted plants
- Office chair and desk
- Bedding, pillow, sheets, and, of course, a bed
- Coffee table
- Small couch or loveseat
- Chairs and small dining table
Check Your List and Get Ready to Move into Our Assisted Living Community
When the execution of daily living activities gets to be a bit too much, and your loved one needs more assistance than you can give on a regular basis, it’s time to make a move. Our Assisted Living Community offers your loved one a safe place in which to live a happy, healthy, and productive life. While encouraging as much independence as possible, our professional care team gives each and every resident the assistance they need – when they need it.
With numerous on-site amenities, three delicious and nutritious meals a day (served in a fine dining atmosphere), and abundant opportunities for socialization, your loved one will be able to retire in style. You, in return, will enjoy peace of mind.
Rely on our Assisted Living program for an environment that promotes good health, safety, socialization, productivity, and independence – all while providing the care and attention your loved one deserves.
Feel free to contact us regarding sales and leasing by calling 219-207-7185. General inquiries can be directed to 219-764-2900. If you’d like, you can fill out and send in our convenient online form. We’ll get back to you ASAP.
To experience all we have to offer and speak to our team members one-on-one, schedule a tour today. We look forward to meeting you.