Though there are several retirement living options available at Rittenhouse Village At Lehigh Valley, our SHINE Memory Care Program offers specialized, appropriate treatment and assistance for those with memory related conditions (i.e., dementia, Alzheimer’s disease, etc.) If you have a loved one who needs memory care in Allentown, PA, there is no better place to consider than Rittenhouse Village At Lehigh Valley.
A professional team of experienced caregivers is constantly standing by within our memory care community. To arrive at the methods used to facilitate engagement and comprehension, scientifically proven data has been used. This helps to assure your loved one’s quality of life, improvement, and more.
The Alzheimer’s Association of the United States has awarded us a Certificate of Recognition for our exclusive SHINE program curriculum.
Residents involved in the SHINE program can re-discover their self-esteem, confidence, and independence through the SHINE program’s features, some of which are the following:
- Along the way, small successes are celebrated.
- In daily activities, active participation is promoted.
- Rather than focusing on the limitations of a resident, focus is directed toward their strengths.
- Emphasize social interaction on an ongoing basis.
- Whenever possible, encourage mental and physical stimulation.
Specialties And Emphasis
Our SHINE program is built on a basis of exploration and around a focus on increasing self-esteem, independence, and confidence in individuals with problems related to memory. By emphasizing the following, residents will make friends and feel a sense of belonging, as well:
- Community design – Our neighborhood design was created with an emphasis on happiness, health, convenience, security, and safety.
- Enhancement – Through group and one-on-one activities, purposeful life enrichment is facilitated, creating both relaxed moments and sensory experiences.
- Meals – We use scientific research for the dining experience which stimulates interaction, participation, and even the appetite of residents.
- “My Story” – As part of the program, each day, residents have a handcrafted book to help them engage in individually celebrating each of their lives.
- Training – Specialized, extensive training is given to every SHINE memory care professional team member. This helps to ensure that, for every resident, the utmost care is provided by highly qualified individuals.
- Communication – Between families, care providers, and residents, there is an effective communication flow.
Your loved one can discover activities that are both engaging and fun when they participate in the SHINE memory program. To encourage a healthy mind by promoting an active mind, the following are used:
- Noncompetitive, failure free, appropriate games.
- Every resident’s individual capability is taken into consideration when customizing activities.
- Either in small groups or conducted individually, purposeful activities are pursued/provided.
For SHINE Memory Care in Allentown, PA – Rittenhouse Village At Lehigh Valley
At Rittenhouse Village at Lehigh Valley, your loved one will receive top-notch care. It’s important that people with memory related conditions be in particularly good hands – you can rest assured that’s precisely the case under the watchful eye of our highly trained and skilled team of professionals.
If you’d like some information about our SHINE program and/or our exemplary retirement community, please call us at 610.433.9220. For sales and leasing inquiries, you can phone us at 484.212.6577. Better yet, schedule a tour to see for yourself what we have to offer.