Memory-related conditions present complex challenges for both those who suffer from them and their caregivers. With the rates of Alzheimer’s disease rising in the US, it’s important that memory care programs can help meet these challenges. At Rittenhouse Village At Michigan City, we provide the top memory care program in Michigan City, Indiana. Our SHINE® Memory Care community guides your loved ones through a personalized real-life memory care program, designed to rebuild what their diagnosis has taken from them, and help them make new memories in a supportive environment.
A Memory Care Community Designed for You
Our SHINE® Memory Care curriculum has been awarded a National Certificate of Recognition from the country’s leading voluntary health association dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research, the Alzheimer’s Association®. We are proud to share this distinction with a small but elite group of memory care providers in the U.S.
What SHINE® offers is a personalized approach to taking care of memory loss. We work with a rigorous, science-backed program that encourages your loved ones to improve how they interact with and engage with others while offering care and compassion for the struggles they face. The program also seeks to improve your loved one’s quality of life by teaching them to extend kindness to themselves. We focus on the following:
- Celebrating each win and success in your loved one’s life, no matter how small.
- Focusing on their strengths instead of weaknesses.
- Emphasizing the need for personal care, which in turn affects how others perceive your loved one.
- Encouraging group participation in routine activities to allow your loved one to build strong, supportive social bonds. An active peer network is integral to those suffering from memory-related diagnoses, reminding them that they are not alone.
- Providing healthy and holistic meals, as well as “Food on the Run” initiative for residents who often wander around during meal times.
- And more.
Our program is holistic, with activities designed to boost physical performance, stimulate the mind and develop and maintain healthy social bonds. While keeping in mind this emphasis on participation, however, we also ensure that our programs are personalized. The SHINE® curriculum understands and celebrates the value of the individual, and seeks to promote your loved one’s unique personality.
What Sets Us Apart
On that note, another important aspect of the SHINE® Memory Care program is its focus on self-discovery. We aim to aid our residents in rediscovering their love for independence. We do this through a curriculum that works to boost their confidence through meaningful, enjoyable activities. One such activity is My Story, a handcrafted book that encourages engagement and celebrates the achievements of our residents. Our curriculum provides many such enrichment opportunities through programs carried out on both a group and individual basis, in calm and controlled settings. We are also proud of:
- Our dining program, which utilizes scientific methods to encourage mindful eating, improved appetites, and meaningful social interaction.
- Rigorous training for our team members so that they provide only the highest quality care.
- A robust communication system that closely links care providers, residents, and their families for peace of mind and utmost transparency.
If you’d like to find out more about what makes our SHINE® Memory Care program Michigan City’s top choice, feel free to contact us today.