SHINE® Memory Care is Rittenhouse Village At Portage’s exclusive memory care program. SHINE® represents a personalized approach to memory care using science-driven data to help promote engagement, comprehension, and, ultimately, the quality of life for seniors living with dementia including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-focused issues.
Our SHINE® Memory Care program has received a national Certificate of Recognition from the Alzheimer’s Association®, the country’s leading, voluntary health organization dedicated to Alzheimer’s care and research. One of only eight nationally recognized programs, SHINE® is a unique personalized approach to memory care that uses scientific principles to promote engagement, comprehension and lifestyle quality for seniors living with dementia, including Alzheimer’s Disease and other memory-related issues.
In our memory care community in Portage, Indiana, you’ll find an experienced team of caregivers who provide compassionate, comprehensive care. Reach out to Rittenhouse Village At Portage today at 219-245-7742 to learn more about how we can care for a senior in your life.
What Makes Our Memory Care Program Unique
When your loved one enters our SHINE® Memory Care community, our goal is to guide them along a journey of discovery in all they do. Our nurses and certified nurse assistants, with ongoing education and specialized training in memory care diseases, chart a course of exploration for them that touches on various important aspects of life. Our program is designed to rebuild and preserve that which their affliction has taken from them. From quality meals to personalized care and attention, you can rest easy knowing your family members are in the best hands, receiving the best care. You have our word on it.
Our exclusive SHINE® Memory Care program emphasizes:
- Frequent and open communication with our residents and their families
- Extensive, continual training for all of our team members
- A handcrafted “My Story” book for each of our residents
- A dining experience that stimulates the appetite, but also improves interaction, awareness and participation skills
- A broad range of activities, sensory experiences and quiet, relaxing moments
- A safe, secure environment designed with your loved one’s convenience, health and happiness in mind.
Discover Independence, Confidence, and Self-Esteem
Rittenhouse Village At Portage’s SHINE® Memory Care program makes a practice of the following:
- Promoting physical exercise, stimulating cognitive acuity and striving to maintain social contacts
- Focusing on residents’ strengths rather than on their limitations
- Encouraging active participation in the activities of daily life
- Regularly celebrating small successes as they come
Discover Delicious Dining
At our SHINE® Memory Care community, we also provide:
- Healthy meals that promote an overall healthy lifestyle
- Active social participation in dining, providing assistance as needed
- A calm, peaceful dining environment and service at the same time each day, which allows residents to focus on eating
- Our “Food on the Run” service for residents who frequently wander or have trouble focusing at mealtime
Discover Fun and Engaging Activities
We know that an active mind is a healthy mind. To this end, Rittenhouse Village At Portage offers:
- Purpose-driven activities in both small groups and on a one-to-one basis
- Activities that are customized to each resident’s abilities
- Games and activities that are age-appropriate, non-competitive, and failure-free
- Opportunities designed with each resident’s likes and dislikes in mind
Perhaps the most important aspect of our memory care program is a sense of belonging. Our SHINE® program includes:
- Active support with activities that help to foster a sense of self-reliance and independence
- Daily activities and productivity exercises that provide a sense of personal success and self-worth
- Play and leisure activities that promote friendship and fun
Contact Rittenhouse Village At Portage Today
For more information on our memory care program and to experience “A Day in the Life” of one of our residents, please contact us. It would be our pleasure to speak with you about your loved one’s personal lifestyle needs.
Reach out to the Rittenhouse Village At Portage team at 219-245-7742 to learn more. Our memory care program offers both value and comfort to residents and peace of mind to their families.